When the flamingoes danced, the irises swayed in joys… the history of painting came alive with …
With modern touches, technology advances, anyone can become a painter, a thinker, an artist??
Think again… A couple painting that I inherited when I took over an older Doctor’s practice hung on my office walls for a few years, until one fine day, I realized the person sitting to be examined in front of me, asked me if she could have the painting in the wall of the bathroom? To my utter surprise and shock, it belonged to her late mother, she had traded / bartered that painting in the 1950’s with the previous doctor in this office for medical care and treatment.
Paintings did have a story after all… Later those other paintings that graced the walls of the office, were treasured and do even today. Think about this, brings me back to painting, the arts as a social gathering, festive merry making, as seen in the renaissance, or culture, traditions upheld , or even so history of feasts, foods, animals, nature…
Elderly appreciate art, artistic things, artistic talk or people …
Here are some of the best known ways to celebrate art with/for/by seniors:
1. An art museum / theater outing day
2. Painting , ceramics, art at place movement, event, seminar,
3. Wine with art/ food and art gathering
4. Art display and sharing
5. Creating artistic impressions with objects, produce, flowers,
6. Painting in the park, outdoors
7. Commemorating painters, their works, local, state, country or international
8. Visit to volunteering at art centers in city, senior’s center
9. Art with children or family
10. Art with pets, animals, at the zoo or elsewhere.
Art in any form, is a joy to behold. Let us relive arts and revive arts for everyone. If you have an upcoming event, art to display, we would love to see, share, and empower people across the globe to embrace arts as part of healthy living and aging. Thank you.